Sophie Ellis-Bextor reveals the orchestral version of her signature hit “Murder On The Dancefloor”!
Sophie Ellis-Bextor has made available the new orchestral version of her biggest hit “Murder On The Dancefloor” as the first taster of her forthcoming greatest hits with a difference – “The Song Diaries”, which is a collection of her biggest hits given a classy makeover with a full orchestra.
The album also includes orchestral re-recordings of her other hits “Take Me Home”, “Mixed Up World” and even her number one with DJ Spiller, “Groovejet (If This Ain’t Love)”!
The album is out on March 15th and covers tracks from all six of her studio albums. Track listing for “The Song Diaries” is as follows:
1. GrooveJet (Orchestral Version)
2. Take Me Home (Orchestral Version)
3. Murder On The Dancefloor (Orchestral Version)
4. Move This Mountain (Orchestral Version)
5. Music Gets The Best of Me (Orchestral Version)
6. Mixed Up World (Orchestral Version)
7. Catch You (Orchestral Version)
8. Me and My Imagination (Orchestral Version)
9. Today The Sunâs On Us (Orchestral Version)
10. Heartbreak (Make Me a Dancer) (Orchestral Version)
11. Bittersweet (Orchestral Version)
12. Not Giving Up On Love (Orchestral Version)
13. Young Blood (Orchestral Version)
14. Love Is a Camera (Orchestral Version)
15. Wild Forever (Orchestral Version)
16. A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed (Orchestral Version) (Bonus Track)
17. Love Is You (Bonus Track)
18. Take Me Home (Orchestral Disco Version) (Bonus Track)
19. Murder On The Dancefloor (Orchestral Disco Version) (Bonus Track)
Sophie believes that “the increased popularity of streaming music means the concept of a greatest hits has changed, with many artists opting to re-work their hits to give them a fresh spin”. Take That of course showed the way with their hugely successful album “Odyssey“, their eighth UK number one album, which contained ‘reimagined’ versions of their hits.
Sophie has always alluded herself to producing ‘posh pop’ and this album is certainly another example of her own, exclusive brand of music that has been so successful now for nearly twenty years.
If you enjoy what you read on this site – feel free to donate and show your support…click to donate any amount you like, every little helps!