50 years of everyone’s favourite Pop Princess as she celebrates her “Golden” birthday!
Let’s celebrate good times, c’mon!
Written and compiled by Christopher Smith
Yes it’s true, Kylie Minogue IS ‘golden’ today as she turns 50. To celebrate this, we’ve compiled 50…YES 50 interviews with Kylie from down the years, charting her rise to fame and the highs and lows of being The Princess of Pop.
Simply click on the play the video playlist below for our K50 video playlist, use the arrows to browse your way through a history of Kylie interviews from 1988 to 2018.
How television has changed over the course of thirty years too! Some old favourites are included here. It would be great to hear your memories of these interviews and indeed the programme’s themselves, all now consigned to TV history…
1. Her first UK interview from January 1988 was on TVAM
2. Here’s Kylie talking to Andy Crane (remember him!) in July of 1988
3. Kylie and Dannii made their UK debut together on Going Live! in 1988
4. Also in July 1988, Kylie appeared on the late Terry Wogan’s primetime chat show
5. Kylie and Jason promoted “Especially For You” with Des O’Connor in December 1988
6. Kylie was back with ‘Tel’ in July 1989 to promote “Wouldn’t Change A Thing”
7. A very different looking Kylie promoted “Better The Devil You Know” on Going Live! In April 1990, its debut ‘airing’
8. …and with Gloria Hunniford to ‘plug’ “Step Back In Time” that October
9. She was back on Going Live! in 1991 to promote the “Let’s Get To It” tour
10. It was a classy, grown up Kylie that appeared with Jonathan Ross in 1992
11. And here she is discussing her “Greatest Hits” with Andi Peters also in 1992
12. She left PWL that year and joined hip, happenin’ dance label deconstruction, after spending 15 months writing and recording, she returned in 1994. Here she is talking to CBBC about it.
13. She also promoted her new album on music magazine The Ozone
14. Kylie performed on Friday night show Don’t Forget Your Toothbrush with Chris Evans in December 1994
15. Once again, it was a very different looking Kylie with Clive James in 1995
16. And she promoted “Where Is The Feeling?” on Steve Wright’s Saturday evening show that Summer
17. Here’s Kylie speaking to Chris on TFI Friday in 1996
18. …and she came back in 1997 to promote “Some Kind Of Bliss”
19. Here’s Kylie on The Ozone again to promote “Some Kind Of Bliss”
20. She sat with Graham Norton in 1998 to promote “Breathe”
21. …and was back with Chris Evans on TFI Friday in 1999
22. The newly reinvigorated Kylie was back and relaunching herself on CD:UK in June 2000
23. She also appeared on Jools Holland’s show that year too
24. …and was back on TFI Friday with Chris Evans as well!
25. And another appearance on teen music magazine The Ozone
26. That Christmas she was a guest on Frank Skinner’s show
27. “Can’t Get You Out Of My Head” was the biggest thing in the world in 2001, Kylie promoted it on CD:UK
28. A Top Of The Pops interview from the same year
29. Kylie talks about her first UK performance on Top Of The Pops
30. Kylie talks to legendary chat show host Michael Parkinson in 2001
31. Kylie was back with Jonathan Ross on his Friday night show in 2002
32. …and was promoting “In Your Eyes” on T4 Popworld in February 2002
33. She was also promoting the single on GMTV
34. This is a hilarious interview from 2003 with ‘little Ant and Dec’!
35. She was back with Parky in 2004 to talk about “Ultimate Kylie”
36. And she was doing the same with Des and Mel on their daytime show
37. Kylie gave a backstage interview in early 2005 to coincide with the Showgirl tour
38. She returned in 2007 with the emotional Showgirl Homecoming tour and the film ‘White Diamond’ that was released
39. Kylie was up for Best International Female at the 2008 Brit Awards and here she is backstage
40. And she was present at the 2009 ceremony too, she speaks backstage
41. Kylie’s massive album “Aphrodite” was released in 2010, and here she speaks on This Morning
42. She also promoted “Aphrodite” on GMTV
43. Kylie’s career was put on hold in 2005 as she was treated for breast cancer. Here she talks to Jonathan Ross in 2010 about her experience
44. Kylie performed at The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in 2012, here she is talking at the show about it
45. In March 2014, Kylie was promoting her latest studio album “Kiss Me Once”
46. She also gave an interview to Sky News about it too
47. She returned to This Morning in November 2015 to introduce her Christmas album
48. Here’s Kylie being interviewed in France in 2016, looking back over her amazing career
49. In 2017 Kylie and former Neighbours co-star Guy Pearce talked on Australian TV about their film ‘Swinging Safari’
50. Kylie celebrates the release of “Golden” on The One Show in April 2018